Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Giving Thanks

Double click any image to zoom in for details.
Hello! Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends and happy harvest season to many others.  Whatever you are celebrating this season, I wish you an abundance of plenty - food, shelter, love of friends and family and whatever brings you joy!

I am playing again with the team over at Frilly and Funkie and our challenge this fortnight is brought to us by our host Nancy Dynes.  The theme is 'Bountiful Harvest' challenge. Nancy wants us to simply create any vintage or shabby chic project celebrating the bounty of the season in the rich hues of autumn.

I have created a very simple project - a tag with the harvest colors and leaves that I so love.  I started with a jumbo manila tag and used the leaf stencil from the Tim Holtz Mini Stencil #__ set which includes that stencil.  I stenciled on Distress Ink in fall colors of Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo.  I also added a few white leaves stenciled on with embossing ink and Weathered White embossing powder.  I used old chipboard letters from Tim Holtz to create my GIVE banner.  The flags are from an old Tim Holtz die and I stamped some text onto the chipboard letters to provide a little extra interest, then sponged the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink.


Using the old Tattered Leaves die, I cut leaves from canvas and colored them with various colors of distress inks - Mustard Seed, Rusty Hinge, Barn Door and Peeled Paint.  After sponging them, I spritzed them with water to blend the inks.  The Thanks tag was cut with an old Spellbinders die and stamped with another old standby Thanks stamp from Verve.  I shabbied it up a bit with a snippet of gold mesh ribbon, another small snippet of crinkled seam binding and some burlap string.  a tiny acorn charm finished off that element.

It still seemed to be lacking something so I added a strip of old Industrious Stickers that I altered from silver to gold tone with Alcohol Ink Gold Fixative.  A tiny bronze maple leaf charm finished this piece off.



I'm sorry to say that most of the products I used have been retired.  But if you want to make something similar, I'm sure you can dig around in your stash and come up with some products that you can substitute for what I have used.  I know you will be able to create something wonderful!

In the meantime, I hope you will hop over to Frilly and Funkie to see all the awesome inspiration our talented designers have to offer for this challenge.  There is still one week before the challenge closes.  I hope you will join in the fun.  You just might win a guest appearance on our blog or a winner's badge for your blog.  Or you could be the randomly selected winner of a $25 gift certificate to shop at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for any comments you care to leave








The products below were used to make this tag.  They are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where Tim Holtz,  Ranger and most other name brand products are available at 20% off list.

8 comments:

LauraVi said...

Thank you Linda for your warm words and your inspiring beautiful tag!

Jenny Marples said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Linda! Love the layering of leaves and that fabulous banner. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving xx

Suzanne C said...

Charming tag so perfect for the bountiful harvest. I love those little banner letters and how you died the banners in different colors. This is lovely!

sarascloset said...

Linda, this is truly an inspiring tag! I love the stenciled leaves and that wee little acorn charm! Very festive and a great design! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

You captured the bright beauty of autumn in this lovely tag, my friend! I still love the Tattered Leaves Die myself and really like the way they look cut from canvas. That cluster of leaves, burlap string and the acorn charm is like jewelry. Love the banner, too...it makes everything feel festive. Such a great tag!

Barb Turpin said...

Linda, you always make your creations look so effortless yet the details are amazing! I adore the little acorn charm.

scrappallino said...

This tag is a true poetry. I love these colors, the banner, the leaves of the canvas and those little acorns are a love ... well, I love everything about this tag! Wonderful!

Jackie PN said...

so lovely Linda!xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com