Wednesday, June 17, 2015

It's Summer!


It sure is!  At least here in north Florida, it's been HOT!  We are sweltering in the high 90's this week.  Our hostess this week over at Frilly and Funkie is Nancy Dynes.  Here is what she had to say about the challenge.  "Let us know what you love about Summer. Do you enjoy traveling, growing a garden, or laying on the beach? Create a vintage or shabby chic project, card, or layout showcasing what you enjoy most about this wonderful season."

I normally love the summer, but not quite as hot as it has been here in Gainesville.  My tag was meant to give the impression a hot summer garden, a few green leaves, flowers and butterfly.  I started with a pre-made tag background that i made when I was playing around with the Ken Oliver Color bursts. Love the way the colors ran and bled on this tag.  I stamped it lightly with the Wendy Vecchi script stamp and Jet Black archival.  I used the Tim Holtz Valentine stencil and put down  a layer of Ranger Texture Paste.  When it was dry, I lightly rubbed some Inka Gold Old Silver over the raised portion of the texture paste as well as over the Spellbinders die cut.

The flowers were cut from white CS with the Tattered flower Garland strip die and colored with Milled Lavender.  The leaves were cut with the Spring greenery die from white CS.  The leaves were also lightly stamped with the script stamp and I rubbed Inka Gold Old Gold very lightly over it.

The butterfly was also cut from a piece of card stock that I used to mess around with the Color Bursts.  I stamped it with the butterfly from Limitations and die cut it with the die that comes with the set.  Micro beads make up the butterfly body and more Inka Gold Old Gold was lightly rubbed around the edges.

That's it for my frilly little garden piece this week.  The supply list is below and you can purchase all the supplies from my shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique, at 20% below MSRP.

I hope you will come and play with us over at Frilly and Funkie. We would love to see your artistic interpretation of what you love about summer.  And you may just end up as a winner, a guest designer or win a $25 gift certificate from The Funkie Junkie Boutique!









These products are available at The Funke Junkie Boutique where Ranger/Tim Holtz/Wendy Vecchi and most other name brands are always 20% below MSRP.

11 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

I'm afraid it never gets that hot here in the UK but I can bask in the warmth and glow of this beautiful tag. WOW those Color Bursts pack a punch! Your gorgeous flowers will need plenty of water to keep them fresh! Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

A real stunner Linda! Love how you put this together with the doily at the top, the flower arrangement and of course the butterfly. Stunning warm colours, making up for the cool weather we have here in the UK....

Patty O'Malley said...

Wow! This tag is absolutely goregous!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Linda, I can't believe it! I can actually play along this time! Woo hoo! Love this gorgeous tag...everything you do is beautiful! xo

Cec said...

So far we aren't getting hot but I am looking forward to it because it is always a welcome change after a cold and dreary winter. Your tag is gloriously warm and I feel like I am out walking in the garden with all those lovely flowers and that gorgeous big butterfly.
Hugs!
Cec

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Linda, it's like a summer garden explosion and I love it to bits! Those flowers and that gorgeous butterfly just swoop me away to the country side and out of this flowerless city! Stunning! hugs :)

Redanne said...

A small point but I just love how you treated the butterfly body with the beads, it looks fantastic. The warm colours really do shout out a hot summer - the butterfly is just stunning and I love your gorgeous background. I wish you could send us a few warm sunny days! Hugs, Anne xx

Fabiola said...

Wow, superbe, chaleureux , biz

Unknown said...

Love how glorious, rich and warm this tag feels Linda. Beautiful butterfly and amazing colours!! x

Sue said...

I love the colours on this. It has a really sumptuous look about it. Lucky you with the weather - sadly we're not coming to Florida this year so we'll miss the wonderful sunshine, heat and even the afternoon rain showers!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful tag! I love the colors you've used to make this look HOT! I love your butterfly flitting around those gorgeous blooms and your textured background. Yes, this feels like a hot summer garden, and that is exactly what we have had here--temps in the high 90's, hitting 100 a couple of days, and we will have another week like it again this coming week. And I WORK in a garden--it is hot, but doesn't look this fresh!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com