Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Words to Live By

Welcome to the April Artistic Outpost blog hop.  Our April hop theme is Designer's Choice.  Here is our hop line-up.  I hope you will hop around today and leave our designers some love!


I decided to play around with the Kudzu Kafe plate plus I used a few of the stamps from Generation Redux.  I started by stamping most of the images in Jet Black archival onto a jumbo manila tag.  Then I filled in the background by stamping the ticking stamp first and second generation using Potting Soil archival ink.  Next embossing ink was sponged on through a Wendy Vecchi stencil and I embossed with Weathered White embossing powder.  Time for color - I mixed a little Peeled Paint and Gathered Twigs distress stain on my craft sheet and blotted up the color with the tag.  The embossed leaves resisted the color entirely and I felt they were too white.  So I took a paint brush and dry brushed on Leaf Green archival ink

Next I cut a panel from white card stock using the ATC die, stamped the woman in black archival, masked her off and stamped the ledger stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds using Potting Soil archival ink.  And the, of course, I sponged the entire piece with Vintage Photo distress ink to age it.  I cut a couple of tags using the Tim Holtz tag die from white CS, stamped the sentiment and then overstamped using the ticking stamp, second generation so it didn't totally obscure the sentiment.  A third tag didn't seem to work for Be Honest so I just sniped it out and clipped it to the main panel.  The bronze heart, barrel bead and twine are all from my shop.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you are enjoying the hop.  I know that many of the Artistic Outpost stamps are sold out now over at Artistic Outpost.  I still have a supply of a number of these stamp sets in stock at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  Check this page in the shop to see if there are any you want.










These products are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.




16 comments:

Kathy G. said...

I LOVE this tag Linda. Great job!

Brenda Brown said...

Love the way you have collaged the background and then added the colour and focal image. A fabulous tag xx

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely wonderful, Linda - the background stamping is so, so cool - really brilliant idea, and I love the grungy vintage look with all the inking, and twine, and the little extra tags - I love this!
Alison xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tag Linda, the collages background works so well. Beautifully embellished. I love the heart. Beautiful piece. Tracy x

Maryanne said...

Love how you used all the images in a collage effect for the background! The using embossing ink through a stencil is something I'm going to try. I love the effect that you got.

Terry said...

Linda, the background collaged of images is striking! Love the secret little pocket for the tag and that twine wrapping with the heart! Gorgeous!

wendy vecchi said...

absolutely...love it!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great background collage you worked off of......that plain ol' dame looks FAB on the finished tag!

Julia Aston said...

What a great stamped background! love the tags on the tag - the twine and sweet charm!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool stamping and like the way you did the sentiment!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful tag love the vintage grungy look

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning tag Linda, love how you collaged the different AO images for the background!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeou tag, I love the collaged & background, great images too.

Kate Yetter said...

Love how you collaged up that background. A fabulously vintage tag! The embossed leaves add wonderful bits of detail.
Kate

Suzanne C said...

One of my many favorite plates and i am in love with the way you placed them all over the background of the tag! Fabulous tag!

Shirley said...

A really awesome lovely tag! It reminds me of my Nanaw, and no I won't tell you how old I am. LOL Vintage elegance and love the twine, heart, and those leaves too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com