Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Wings

Hello and welcome back.  I'm still celebrating spring, this time for my design team project for the new challenge starting today over at Frilly and Funkie.  Trace is our hostess and her theme is Flights of Fancy.  The challenge requires a piece that is inspired by the onset of spring and includes wings in the form of birds, bees or butterflies.  So here is my wingy springy make.  

I started with a piece of Pion Design paper from the Vintage Garden collection and cut it just a bit smaller than one of my jumbo tags, embossed the top with the Springtime Background and Borders texture fade and stenciled on some Vintage Photo DI with the Latticework stencil.  Once that was done, I distressed the edges with my fingernail and sponged on more Vintage Photo.  The bottom tag layer was stamped with the music stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds in Vintage Photo and the edges were sponged with Vintage Photo too.  

The nest is a Melissa Frances resin.  I lightly sponged the eggs with Faded Jeans DI and the next with Vintage Photo DI.  The spots were put on with a Copic marker.  I created a little flower feather cluster with the Mini Feather and Inkwell Movers and Shapers die, the Tattered Flowers and Spring Greenery decorative strip dies.  The flowers were stamped with a Wendy Vecchi script stamp in Potting Soil and Broken China was sponged on.  After spritzing the flowers with water, scrunching them and drying them, I sponged the edges with Vintage Photo and misted them with Perfect Pearls Biscotti.  The ivy was colored with Mowed Lawn and likewise misted with the Perfect pearls.  

It was finished off with one of the new bronze filigree pieces I got in stock at the shop, topped with a clear rhinestone that I tinted light blue with a Copic marker.  The sentiment is from the Chit Chat Seasonal pack.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you will stop by the other Frilly and Funkie design team members' blogs and leave them some love.  



These products used to make this above tag are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger and most other name brand products are always 20% below MSRP.

8 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely delicious Linda. Love the resin embellishment and that stencilling. Jenny x

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely stunning Linda! Great use of those Pion papers! Love the embossed bits at the top of your tag and I adore what you did with the feathers, wonderful. The MF resin embellishment is the perfect finishing touch!!!

rachel said...

this is so delicate and beautiful Linda - love this! Hugs rachel xx

Viv said...

This is simply gorgeous Linda. Love the embossed part at the top of the papers and the resin embellie is fab! (I have fallen out with Mr Blogger as you have disappeared from my following list... am hoping that it's only a small glitch!!)

Maryanne said...

Such a beautiful tag, Linda! It's just so soft and lovely and really makes Spring come to life. I love the little Melissa Frances nest!

Cec said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the embossing and the wonderful paper layer but my favourite element is the resin nest.
Hugs!
Cec

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous, that background is beautiful and I love the embellishments; a great Spring tag. xx

Lisa Minckler said...

If I could stop sneezing long enough to type I'd tell you how GORGEOUS this Spring winged inspiration is!!
LOVE this Linda :)
3 cheers to pollen...hip hip hooray...NOT!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com