Saturday, April 12, 2014

Good Advice

Here it is...another Sunday and another time for me to post an Artistic Outpost DT piece.  And this week things are getting kind of weird and nostalgic because I was told a short time ago that Artistic Outpost, which has been a family held company, has now been sold.  We don't know which of their stamp plates will be continued under the new owner and Artistic Outpost is having a clearance sale.  That means I will be putting ALL AO sets on sale too at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  If you have a favorite Artistic Outpost set that you have been wanting and haven't purchased, now is the time to snap it up!

For my design team piece this week, I decided I wanted to do something more masculine so I pulled out my Diesel Punk set and played around.  Here is the outcome of my play session.  I started with a jumbo manila tag and stamped multiple images from the  Diesel Punk set  in  jet black archival.  Then I sponged the entire tag with Vintage Photo, then added some distressing with Walnut Stain DI.  Next I pulled out my Chalk it Up set and stamped the frames for the wonderful auto and motorcycle + sidecar images.  

I created a smaller tag with the speed limit sign stamped second and third generation and then embossed the sentiment using jet black archival ink and clear EP.  I added a few fun masculine embellishments - a wrench held on by twisted wire, a compass charm and a couple of keys dangling from a swivel clasp.  

I had also made a tire track embossed piece using a Tim Holtz texture fade.  I had planned to use it in the background, but it didn't really work out. But at the last, it seemed to work out well to place it on the left side.  I thought it was kind of fun to expand the tag past the normal boundaries.  

So that's my weekly piece for Artistic Outpost.  Don't forget about the sale - ALL Artistic Outpost plates 25% off!



These products were used to create the tag above.  They can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique where most name brand products areaway 20% below MSPR.

12 comments:

Redanne said...

Wow Linda, what an incredible tag, you have aged it so beautifully and I love those embellishments and that wonderful sentiment! This would be absolutely perfect for one of my young in laws! Hugs, Anne x

rachel said...

Wonderful make - i love the sentiment. its a shame to hear sbout artistic outpost.xx

Rita said...

Wonderful tag Linda. I just love everything about it. Hugs Rita xxx

Susan said...

This card is great. Love the layering and layout. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Minckler said...

Yes, yes, YES...this is fabulous! I love that the elements extend off the original tag. Sort of like taking a side road :)
This looks INCREDIBLE Linda!
Hugs to you,
Lisa x

Maryanne said...

I love this tag, Linda! It would be a great Father's Day card! I'm sorry to hear about Artistic Outpost.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous tag, Linda. Love all the layering and added the wonderful additions of metal bits & bobs. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is a Great tag, Linda! I Love how you've gone outside the boundaries for this--It's Awesome! And WOW about AO..I hope it's a good thing! XOXO-Shari

Anonymous said...

A fantastic tag, I love the sentiment.

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my gosh this is just stunning, what great use of those AO stamps. Just love it xx

Patti P. said...

Beautiful....love the metal embellishments and the embossed tire piece. I love these masculine colors and theme.

Terry said...

Love all this masculine vintage goodness! That sentiment is just so perfect! Well even though we won't be on a DT together, I know our friendship will continue, GF! Hugs!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com